Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blog Post #14: Implementing a Lean Process

For the documentation, list/describe the waste you have identified and explain the process change you have implemented. Either collect some data that demonstrate your improvement, or realistically estimate the effect that your improvement will have on your process.

The following is in response of the assignment above:
For my lean process I chose to put my effort towards eliminating Inventory waste.  I have a small 3-drawer unit where I keep all of the supplies I need to do homework and any other kind of work I need to do.  These drawers are pretty messy and there are plenty of items that aren’t needed and get in the way of work.  During my lean process, I moved a lot of items out of the drawers and organized them so I wouldn’t have to dig for things I was looking for and I knew where everything was.  In one drawer I had many pencils and pens that didn’t work that I removed.  Also in that drawer I had things like scissors, a 3-hole punch, calculator, and rulers.  I moved these items out and put them in another drawer so I could separate writing utensils from those items.  This makes it easier to find things I need and will allow me to work faster and not get distracted.  I also had a lot of cords in another drawer that were tangled and not easy to get, so I rearranged that drawer to make the cords a lot easier to have access to and now I can get at the other items in that drawer.  This can help with little stressors and help with efficiency and speed of completing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment