Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Post #5: PDP

Mission

·         To grow as a student and worker while graduating with a doctorate as a Physical Therapist, obtaining a career in the realm of Physical Therapy and starting/supporting a family in the meantime.



Values/Interests

·         Good education

·         Balancing family and career

·         Respecting and supporting patients and co-workers, along with family and friends

·         Good work ethic

·         Being ethical in the workplace and at home

·         Interest in maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle



Skills/Talents

·         Ability to follow directions well

·         Ability to learn new material

·         Can apply health knowledge to situations in life



Goals

Short-Term

·         Graduating from UW-Stout in 4 years with a quality resume/transcript

o   Attend the Career Conference and find potential employers/gain connections

o   Maintain GPA

o   Prepare the best I can for applying to graduate school

o   Join Pre-Health Club  and/or other organizations relating to Physical Therapy

o   Participate in research projects

o   Volunteer in hospital or Physical Therapy clinic

o   Practice and prepare for the GRE

·         Get accepted into a quality graduate school for Physical Therapy

o   Research Physical Therapy schools that interest me and find requirements to fulfill for application

o   Score well on the GRE

o   Volunteer enough time to gain Physical Therapy experience and knowledge

Long-Term

·         Obtain a career where I am an integral part of the team and earn a wage to where I can support my family

o   After graduate school find a career that fits me and that I will enjoy

o   Work hard at this job to earn the wage I require to support my family

·         Live my life according to my faith and the way that will allow me to retire successfully with a feeling of satisfaction about my life

o   Live life in an ethical way to gain a sense of accomplishment and pride in my work and family

o   Work hard to stay by my faith and stick with what I believe in

No comments:

Post a Comment